Happy New Board of 2016 Year!
First of all, we want to say a very big THANK YOU to all our JCI friends, members and volunteers! You made things happen thanks to your enormous contribution, energy and dedicated passion. Our team became bigger,stronger and MAGical like never before.
As you might already know, we are travelling difficult times in Belgium but also outside – for this reason, we need to be more compassionate but stronger for each other. Let’s think more positively and live our lifes with hope and care, being always there for our friends, colleagues and family or anyone else who needs our help. With this been said, JCI is an example thanks to all its initiatives taken during the last decades.
Going back to our day-to-day activities, we have really good news! We are happy and glad to give you the final results of our last Board Election of this year! CONGRATULATIONS to all the new members of the 2016 Board!
Meet and greet our new MAGical team:
Past President – Kamil Mroz will:
- Coach and supervise the new President of 2016
If you want to contact him: email@example.com
President of 2016 – Magali Poublon will:
- Supervise all the Board members
- Give coaching sessions to all the project leaders and members
- Offer support in all areas
- Brainstorm and build concrete plans for the whole year
- Negotiate for the good of JCI
If you want to contact her: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President – Edith Patron will:
- Offer memberships
- Coach members
- Organise workshops
- Replace the President when needed
- Offer visit Cards, T-shirts (for members)
- Inform new people and volunteers about JCI opportunities
- Support projects in HR
If you want to contact her: email@example.com
Internal Communication – Vita Ramanauskaite will:
- Update calendar
- Create newsletter
- Send internal emails
- Communicate with different JCI groups
- Support projects for internal matters
If you want to contact her: firstname.lastname@example.org
External Relations – Andreea Udrea will:
- Communicate with external people and strenghten relationships, build networks
- Manage social media channels: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
- Find sponsorships, create and maintain partnerships
- Support projects for external matters
- Participate in events and represent JCITHOE
If you want to contact her: email@example.com
Commissions Director – Andreea Harna will:
- Supervise and coach Project leaders
- Take responsibility for the planning of new and ongoing projects
- Apply for National, European and International Prices
If you want to contact her: firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer – Laura Gimenez will:
- Do the invoices
- Manage the accounting
- Keep track on the transactions
- Support projects and members for money matters (on request and approval of the Board)
If you want to contact her: email@example.com
Logistics Director – Simona Scaringi will:
- responsible for all logistics
- member Partys
- 10 years of JCI Party
- Christmas Parties
- Booking places for JCI Events
If you want to contact her: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOST YOUR CAREER AT (Y)OUR FUTURE in Brussels, 5th of December, Odisee
(Y)Our Future Campaign is a project powered by the Brussels Expat Chapter of Junior Chamber International, JCI The Heart of Europe. So far, it has taken place across the European Union with successful previous editions in Latvia, Poland and UK. The mission of (Y)Our Future is to empower young graduates and professionals in fighting youth unemployment and pursue their dream careers by providing them with the right tools and advice on job-searching, interviews and entrepreneurship.
How does it work?
During almost an entire day, you will have the opportunity to:
– Participate in a plenary session with inspiring keynote speakers
– Take part in career-oriented workshops
– Receive guidance on how to plan your career path through a one-to-one career coaching session
– Get your CV personally assessed by an HR expert
– Get advice on how to prepare efficiently for an interview
– Apply the advice and practical knowledge obtained throughout workshops during a 20-minute interview with recruiters
– Network and exchange experience with other young and motivated professionals
How to register?
You can register through our Website or through Eventbrite:
YouthSpeak! We want to hear you!
Have you heard about YouthSpeak? If not, we are sure you will! It’s a project run by AIESEC to get youth voices heard. One of the parts of this project is gathering information from young people about important aspects of society: youth unemployment, youth trust, competencies, education etc. via the YouthSpeak Survey. The more young people complete the survey, the better the opinion of young people can be represented!
If you want to be part of their initiative, fill out the YouthSpeak survey: http://youthspeak.aiesec.questionpro.com/
Think Bigger!, JCI THOE’s event for Young Entrepreneurs
If you didn’t make it to Think Bigger on the 14th of November, here’s what you missed.
The theme of the event was aimed at entrepreneurs eager to grow their business and is best described as a cocktail of keynote speakers, workshops and networking…shaken not stirred if you please, (pun absolutely intended).
Think Bigger kicked-off with a plenary session comprised of Jacob Lund Nielsen, (Managing Director of DN cabinet), Prof. Dr. Johan Lambrect (Director of Research Center for Entrepreneurship, Odisee and KU Leuven Campus Brussels) and Marnix Housen (CEO of ICAB Business & Technology incubator).
Each speaker was asked to give the audience their top 3 tips for entrepreneurs, followed by a rollicking Q&A session, presided over by Kamil Mroz president of JCI THOE.
Next came a series of workshops where participants could learn about and discuss a host of varying topics such as team building, HR recruitment, Belgiocracy, the much celebrated Business Model Canvas as well as tips and tricks from a startup testimonal, and a smashing presentation about starting a business from the KBC Brussels perspective.
In between sessions, participants were invited to grab a coffee, a biscuit and a chat with like-minded people. The day ended with a cozy apéro in the warm, spacious halls of the Odisee campus in Brussels.
A very big thanks goes to our wonderful speakers: Peter Remorie (advisor at KBC Brussels), Abdelkarim Boujraf (co-founder of AMIA Systems), Chalks Richard Corriette (President of People to People International, Europe), Pierre Yves Hittelet (co-founder & CEO at r-each), Thibaut Vanderhofstadt (CEO and co-founder of Sortlist), Céline Derudder (HR Partner at AG Insurance), Leo Exter (founder of Westartup) and Cheryl D. Miller (founder and executive director at Digital Leadership Institute), for hosting the workshops and bringing their respective topics to life in such a delightful and creative way.
Sound good to you? Then you should definitely stay tuned for Think Bigger 2. Follow us on social media to get the full scoop.
Participate on Active Citizens DAY – 11th of December 2015 – 7 PM
On the 11th of December, we celebrate our Active Citizens Day! This year JCI celebrates 100 years. JCI Belgium is proud to invite you to celebrate this wonderful day all together at a special but still secret location. Save the date and be there: 11/12/2015!
19h00: Welcome & Walking Dinner
20h00: Official Opening 20u30: Activities
22h00: Dessert & Networking
23h00: Active Citizen Celebration Party
————- Subscriptions are open!
Register here: http://acd-jci-belgium.jimdo.com/
JCI Christmas Dinner
Since the 2015 year has been a year full of wonderful projects and constructive challenges, JCITHOE wants to celebrate its success in high style by inviting all the members,volunteers and friends to a festive Christmas dinner which will take place on December 12th. Be sure to save the date! The time and location will be announced as soon as possible.