JCI is an international active citizen movement having the mission to provide development opportunities that empower young people to create positive change in today’s society.
JCI THOE (The Heart of Europe) is part of the JCI family of more than 5.000 local chapters addressing social challenges in their local communities (unemployment, gender equality, environmental issues, etc.) JCI THOE brings together enthusiastic volunteers of different ages (18-40) with different backgrounds and nationalities who want to make an impact not only in their lives but also in other people’s lives. Together, we aspire to be the leading local network of young active citizens in Brussels.
Who are our members?
JCI THOE members are:
- young entrepreneurs and leaders who strive to make a difference in their communities
- active and responsible citizens who take on the challenges around them through local and global initiatives and projects
- mostly expats living in Brussels who have a variety of skills and backgrounds eager to connect with new people.
We seek ways to live out our slogan – “Be Better” around 4 key pillars:
- Become a better leader – JCI THOE equips you with the right tools so that you can keep yourself on top of the game.
- Trainings and seminars – JCI THOE provides its members with interactive trainings and seminars to improve their personal or professional skills.
- Public speaking and debating – JCI members have the opportunity to enhance their speaking and presentation skills and to participate in public speaking or debating events at regional and national conventions.
- JCI Top 10 Outstanding Young Persons of the World (JCI TOYP) – a program that formally recognizes young people who excel in their chosen fields and exemplify the best attributes of the world’s young people. Honorees selected in past years have represented the heights of progress in numerous human endeavors. Many have gone or to even greater achievements. All have continued to serve humanity in a great variety of ways.
- JCI Creative Young Entrepreneur Award – The JCI Creative Young Entrepreneur Award (CYEA), launched in 2005, is designed specifically to recognize outstanding young entrepreneurs.
II. Business Network
JCI THOE is built on networks recognizing the importance of networking as a young professional or entrepreneur. We provide events at both business and social level in order to build and strengthen partnerships over the long run. JCI members help each other to build networks within the group and beyond.
III. Community Involvement
Build a Better World – Help those in need, JCI THOE encourages you to initiate community activities.
- International Events – JCI offers many opportunities to travel internationally, to discover new cultures and meet new JCI chapters. These initiatives foster cooperation across countries, engage members in dialogues to ignite global development projects and unite the JCI global network.
- JCI Area Conferences – every year, JCI members unite in their regions to exchange ideas at the four Area Conferences (Africa and the Middle East, Asia and the Pacific, the Americas and Europe). Such Conferences give members the chance to benefit from JCI’s international network while promoting their chapters and national/local projects.
- JCI Twinning – the Program formally links two or more JCI local chapters from different countries who are interested in a future collaboration. Twinning partners get to learn from each other and gain a unique perspective by participating in joint cross-cultural projects. Twinning leverages the JCI global network for a deeper understanding of international cooperation.